Canonsburg, Pennsylvania was incorporated in 1802. The Borough of Canonsburg was named for John Canon, who owned a flour and saw mill. Jefferson College was founded in Canonsburg in 1791 and incorporated in 1802. Jefferson and Washington Colleges merged in 1865, forming W & J College. Perry Como and Bobby Vinton put Canonsburg, Pennsylvania in Washington County on the map with their professional singing.
68 E. Pike St. Canonsburg, PA 15317
Greater Canonsburg Public Library
Town Park Pool
Canonsburg Post Office
History of North Strabane
Established in 1781, Strabane Township was one of the original townships in Washington County, Pa. The name Strabane pays homage to the original Irish settlers by matching the name of a town in Ireland. Strabane was divided into North Strabane and South Strabane in 1831.
North Strabane Township Building
1929 Route 519 South, Canonsburg, PA 15317
Volunteer Fire Department
History of 84, Pa.
The origin of the name 'Eighty Four' is somewhat of a mystery, but several ideas have been put forth:
1884 the year Grover Cleveland was first elected
A random name selected by a postal employee
8400 feet from Wyland Station
8400 yards from Gamble Station
The 84th stop on the rail line
National Cemetery of the Alleghenies
1158 Morgan Road, Bridgeville, PA 15017
Phone: 724-746-4363 Website